23 April 2009

Maestà

I am so blessed to have someone in my life who appreciates the beauty and majesty of the temple. Blake got off work at seven and the first thing he did was cruise to the temple and take advantage of a beautiful night. I have never seen him so excited to make a picture perfect. The Draper Temple is absolutely beautiful. It possesses a powerful nobility. I love it. When Blake and I were first dating we had to go help with his little sister's garage sale for school dance. We were driving down this hill that has a full view of the temple while it was being constructed. The sun was shining directly on angel Moroni and then shot this beam of light into the valley. It was incredible and Blake looked at me and said, "We have to go there." We both non-verbally agreed and it was then that I felt like I could be with him for a long long time:) Wink Wink! We have a daily reminder of the blessings that come from temple marriage. I am so grateful that embedded in my soul is the desire to be within the Lord's house. I love seeing it and being there. Blake's family took us up there and we just walked around the grounds and it was such a calm and wonderful feeling. I know a lot of people find this temple business strange or not as big of a deal as some make it seem, but there is a power there that is unlike anything I ever felt. The Draper Temple is so beautiful and it is majestic as the picture makes it seem. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment