15 December 2011

On the Tenth Day of Christmas...Breakfast at The Zemke's Guest Post



Christmas Lights. There's just something about the lights around the holidays that gets me every year. One of my favorite things is driving past homes and seeing their lit up Christmas trees in the windows, it makes me smile. I live in Salt Lake City and I'm sure every person that lives in the valley has the same tradition as me of going to the Salt Lake LDS Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. It is an amazing sight to see and it never gets old, every year it's just as astonishing and beautiful as the last.


I don't know if you have been to Disneyland during the holidays, but boy do they really know how to put on a show! When I was young we took a family trip to Disneyland in late November. I was so excited because it had been a few years since I had been there and I was so ready to ride all the rides and visit with all the Disney characters. The first day we were there we did just that and I remember having the time of my life. But the magic didn't happen until the sun went down. All the Christmas lights turned on, the giant tree on main street lit up and my little eyes were as wide as they could be. I had never seen anything so miraculous. I will never forget that Christmas and the beautiful lights at the Happiest Place on Earth.





It only happens for a few weeks out of the year but I have to say it's my most favorite time. There's nothing quite like seeing all the lights that adorn everyone's homes and yards. Clark from Christmas Vacation got it right. "Is your house on fire Clark?"  "No Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights."

Merry Christmas. 
Allyssa from Breakfast at The Zemke's

No comments:

Post a Comment