28 September 2011

Forget Me Not

This past week not only was incredible for our physical bodies, but my spiritual self was really rejuvenated. A couple that went with us really impressed Blake and I. This family is all about each other. On a number of occasions, I would hear the husband praise his wife on how "awesome" she was and she wasn't even around to hear it. The kids LOVE their parents and have an incredible amount of respect for them and as I watched, it was because the parents respected the kids. As Blake and I drove home, we talked about the things we observed and the incredible life lessons that were learned. Sometimes I forget how much I need to be strengthened on the inside. So many experiences created a sense of renewal in my heart and soul. I missed the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday so this week I am trying to get it in before conference. One talk has really been on my mind and this morning, I found it has been on some other friends minds as well, so I thought I would share my feelings. Elder Uchtdorf spoke on finding the majesty in the ordinary experiences of life. I think I tend to be one who forgets to rejoice in the bounty of life and I have set a goal to celebrate those moments more. I could be upset that I never get a full night's rest due to a sweet, but very hungry baby, but I am learning to cherish those quiet little moments as I watch him fall back asleep and I get to go back in and resnuggle Blake. Being more grateful, cheerful, and positive is hard, but once I do it, it feels really natural and instinctive. Not only am I trying to be positive about the tiny things, but also positive about myself and the person I am striving to become. I do get frustrated when my actions do not reflect the true feelings of my heart. I do get down on myself and have bad days. I am embarrassed when I lose my temper or say rude things. (yes, I do that. so dumb.) But, I am relieved to know that in my disparity, it is the knowledge that I am not forgotten by God and He is patient with my slow progression.  Some people don't think having a knowledge of God and His divine love for us, matters, but I can promise that it is all that matters to me. Not only am I trying to find the beauty in the little things, but I am in awe of the beauty that is within the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father has provided me a way of life that is exhilarating, inspiring, and motivating. I love my life, even with all it's difficulties. It is a new goal to rejoice in those difficulties and celebrate the small, but unique to me moments. Forget Not to be Happy Now friends. 

love jac

No comments:

Post a Comment