09 August 2009

È come aspetta Natale

I can not believe how much time has flown by! I feel like I am getting ready for Christmas except I am eating to get skinny and not to keep warm. It was July like two minutes ago and now I am going into the "Oh my gosh, I have so much to do still" phase. Lets just recap July and then I will be on my way to September. July began with no job. I quit Downeast in June, got hired at a mortgage firm which turned out to be the biggest misunderstanding I have ever had and I spent most of July laying out with one of my besties Natalie Call. I finally got a job as a personal assistant for a realtor just as I was headed to CO for a Girl's Camp seminar. I had a blast teaching the girls how to be their best selves and trusting in Heavenly Father, something I think I needed more than they did. I returned to an awesome job, we found a great house, and we had a big trip planned with Blake's friends. Life is good. It gets a little hectic and at times I felt like maybe Blake should take me to the psych ward instead of the temple, but we are golden people. We took a 14 hour drive to Oysterville, Washington were we stayed at the Tillotson residence. Acres and Acres of WA National Forest and the longest stretch of beach you have ever seen...without people.
Skim boarding on the ocean. So fun, I have no pictures of myself because I am not good:)
Blake and the mini scooter.


Blake rode his first horse Magnolia. The whole time he rode he sang Miss Magnolia by Matt Costa. I was laughing to myself. He is pretty cute. My horse was Frosty aka "The washing machine, aka my bottom was really sore."
We got to do a lot of really fun things. We went i nto Astoria where they filmed Goonies and I bought an owl cookie jar for our house. We went to Long Beach to buy kites and eat at a yummy bakery. Every night we had theme dinners, were we whipped up the best luau ever.


We went to the beach everyday. Did a 5 mile run through the forest and down the beach.
We also lost my car! The private property also had no speed limit so my sweet fiance thought he would test the limits, which is very out of character for him, and see how fast we good get Stella going. Well needless to say I am out a car. The insurance appraised it for 4K more than expected so missing work for a week seems just fine at this point. I waited a while to tell my Dad so that I could report something amazing, which seemed to be the case. No injuries and no money, a profitable mistake.
I was also offered a part-time position as a wedding coordinator for the Tillotson Ranch on Wasatch Blvd. so if you or anyone you know would like a beautiful place to have a reception or get married, I AM YOUR GIRL. I will post some pictures of that soon. I may do my first wedding in October so keep your eyes peeled.
I look at my life, as hectic as it should be, and I realize how blessed I am and how grateful I am to Heavenly Father. He has been so gracious and has blessed me with so many wonderful things. Mostly, He has sent me Blake who is the love of my life. I don't laugh as hard with anyone else, I have never felt so loved in all my life. I need to be on my knees more for how giving the Lord has been. Even if He wasn't so bounteous I still need to be on my knees more. I was reading 2 Nephi 9 today and Jacob tells us to pray continuously by day and give thanks continuously by night. Bless! Bring on August.


2 comments:

  1. you never cease to amaze me. You are so good with people. You go on a trip & get offered a job. That's classic. So how are you in with the Tillotsen clan? Their place looks AMAZING! Also, did you put together the collage at the top. I know the couple hiding behind the lollipop. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude you two!!! I am so glad are ok! you guys looked like you had a blast and I wish I could have been there.. even though you two probably didn't!!! haha I am so excited for you Jac!!! So close!!! like 3 weeks!!! holy!!! love you

    ReplyDelete