24 October 2010

Trying to figure out how to make it work.

So last night Blake and I watched, What Lies Beneath. He had never seen it before and since it is the season for spooks we thought we would give it a go. I have seen the movie several times, so this go around I spent plenty of time looking at the beautiful Vermont home that the setting is in. The walls are a crisp sea blue and trimmed with stark white. Everything is simple and lovely. Even the flower basket "Claire" takes to the crazy lady neighbour is dreamy. I love all the decor. Glass domes sheltering the ferns, the rotunda in her bedroom lined with linen pillows. To die for!

I have always adored the Cape Cod style and have always dreamed of a home that captures the freshness of it, but I also dig the beachy styles and industrial mod. Where do I go from here?


My goal is to eventually create a home that I can capture the comfort and class of a traditional home with...

The sophistication and crispness of shabby chic industrial living. Although my style may seem expensive, I am learning that it really just takes a lot of practice and a good eye for screaming deals. Now, all I need is a house!

No comments:

Post a Comment