23 February 2012

a confidence boost


last night my cousin kristina and i headed down to provo for utah blogger meet n' greet.

i felt a little reluctant to go since i am just barely diving into the blogging scene.
but i put on my black skinnys and went.
it was the first night i was out for myself in a long time so a special thanks blake for being a champ and tending the little.
we walked up and my first impression was, "oh geesh, here we go."
but i was really impressed with all the talent that filled this amazing boutique.
i met so many bloggers that i had only heard about or read about.
so many inspiring women who really try to make life beautiful and share it with others.
it was really fun.
i really learned a lot about how i want things to be.

my mom and i have regular talks about "doing" and "being".
it is kind of a thing we have.
so naturally it is always on my mind.
sometimes i can get carried away in inadequacy or self-doubt, but i really try to channel it into something productive.
after coming home last night i realized that a lot of women have the common talent of doing and being.
it could have been a night of selfish comparing.
comparing outfits, hair and makeup, success, or products.
but that feel wasn't there, for me.
i consider it a blessing.
i was really bolstered by these powerful women who have successful business' yet focus on their family and life happenings first.
so here i am listening to feist radio on pandora feeling ready to conquer all the loose ends.
i can do hard things.





7 comments:

  1. Dang I wish I would have gone! Thanks for stopping by :)
    xoxo
    Chels

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment! look who is talking though! you are beyond adorable! follow back?
    much love.
    xoxoxo
    elsha rae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those yellow flowers! they were my groomsmen bouts! but anyway, have some confidence lady! your blog has come so far in a short amount of time! i love checking for new posts every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those flowers are the cutest! i loved your wedding. lets feature it! also- thanks. i love you.

      Delete
  4. Very inspiring post! I would love to attend a blogger meet-up here in California! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I became a reader of your blog, I hope that u'll do it too;)
    Also i have a video blog (VLOG) and write posts about fashion, and so on. (my video blog is in russian)
    I will be glad to see you in my MUSE galaxy)

    with love, Polina
    www.polinamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I would have had the guts to go to that blogger meet-up. Perhaps next time. Way to go for gathering your courage and going! I admire that. We'll have to meet up at the next one and you can show me the ropes :)

    ReplyDelete