10 November 2010

Nesting

"Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world." Pregnancy Weekly.

Welcome to my life... for the past two months I have experienced a switch from having nothing to do with my living quarters to having everything to do with it. Maybe it is because there isn't much decorating to be done in the summer months, or maybe it is because for most of my summer my house was just a sweet reminder that it was time to throw-up. Whatever the reason, things are changing and I am getting anxious to start Nikson's room. I don't have random cravings or cravings really at all. I like things more or less than I used to and found that Thai food gives me up until 3:30am heartburn. I just want to nest. I did a full on clean sweep of our cozy cottage and pulled out Thanksgiving decor. Books were moved, pictures have been hung, and my sweetie thinks I am nuts. It's a big deal for me I guess. I love the feeling of home and if I can't make a nursery quite yet, I might as well get my energy out somewhere.

Checking Project Nursery has been on my daily to do list and my brain is trying to work out how to make a darling room within the budget. I have never been one of those ladies that feels the need to spend massive amounts on things that babies just grow out of, so I am finding darling things that will grow with our son. Our oh so darling abode turned not so efficient when we learned of the little man I was growing because we don't have a second bedroom. Drats. So, accordingly, I have yet to have a room to begin the creation but when I get one, oh the possibilities.
Ekorre

No comments:

Post a Comment