08 December 2011

On the First Day of Christmas...603 Home Guest Post

 I am so excited about this month's feature.
It is the most exciting event yet on The Bishop's Wife and I want to thank everyone who has participated.
12 Days of Christmas for all my readers!
Everyday is something different.

Today's guest post is Jennifer of 603 Home.


What I love most about Christmas is tradition.  My favorite Christmas tradition from when I was a little girl, was the annual trip to choose the family Christmas tree.  Every year our whole family would bundle up in our coats and gloves on a crisp, chilly, sunshiny California afternoon in December, and go to the Christmas tree farm.  I looked forward to it every year.  It seemed so miraculous that we could choose any tree we wanted, still growing from the ground, and take it home to decorate it.  I thought our tree was always so beautiful when we were finished hanging the last of the ornaments and lights.  It was a nice way for our family to spend time together celebrating the holiday season.  I remember wishing it could be Christmas time all year long.

I believe that's when my love for decorating my home for the holidays began.  The fond memories of our annual trip to the tree farm and our beloved Christmas tree are always with me when I create my holiday pillows.  I started to make them for others because I want people to enjoy making their homes beautiful and festive this time of year as much as I do.  I love making them and I hope you enjoy them and this holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Jennifer has been a darling and is offering readers free shipping on any pillow covers.
(inserts not included)
Just let her know in advance that you were referred by The Bishop's Wife. 
Thank you Jenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment