29 February 2012

what motivates you?

when i run i always keep in mind mini motivations to accomplish bigger goals.
if i can just make it to the other side of the park i can slow down.
when i hit 300 cals i can run downhill.
when this justin bieber song ends i will sprint.
the list goes on and on until i feel like i have reached my main goal.
i began thinking about my habit of forming mini motivations throughout other aspects of my life.
i started listing off the things that motivate me...

  • a happy husband
  • a healthy son
  • a natural relationship with Heavenly Father
  • a strong body
  • a clean home
  • fresh relationships
  • the ability to have an eternal perspective
all these things motivate my everyday choices. 
i am learning more and more to filter my decisions with what i am motivated with in order to create the optimum sense of happiness day to day.
i have gotten to the point where i am surrounding myself with multiple projects that are driven by my motivations listed above. 
i often wonder if what motivates me is really why i do the things i do.
i run a company, i have the blog, i started one of these bad boys with some great friends, and i work with the youth at church.
but more importantly...



i am his wife


i am his mother (don't mind my honker.)

and that seriously is all the motivation i need.

PS- that was the unofficial etsy shop announcement.
she is just a babe right now, but get ready. 
when she is working it full force it will be as exciting as hearing fireworks boom on a day that isn't the fourth of july.


17 comments:

  1. I do the same thing when I am running/working out. "Just get to the end of this road!" Haha. I love this post.
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I absolutely loves yours too. I'm a follower :)
    xoxo,
    Sierra

    Oh, Just Livin' the Dream
    sierraainge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!! This post is great. I feel like I have been in a funk recently, feeling down. I have been thinking about what drives me, makes me happy and what I should be working towards. All of your points are beautiful.

    Cheers.

    ps. heading to your shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. camille! give me some shop feedback. it is seriously tiny right now. what do you think?

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness! how cute is your little man! that pic is adorable!

    i'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!! I wrote something similar to what you're talking about, except I labeled it "Rewards" opposed to "motivation"... same concept though. Gotta keep going with the small things in life... and by being blessed with amazing things every day, I think it's worthy to be used as a reward to finish an assignment, a posting, or whatever the task may be ;)

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post.

    i love you and your husband.

    i love you and your son.

    so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind words on my blog!! I am a new follower of yours! Following on Pinterest too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. etsy shop!! how exciting :) good things to come your way, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are a go getter, good for you. Figuring out what is truly important in life gives you motivation and guidance as to where to put your limited energy. I am sure you son takes most of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice blog!! like it! Check my blog and follow me if you want!
    Ioana

    http://www.fashionspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family is what motivates me....Especially since i became a mother...Ilove your post:you speak the truth so genuinely,with so much simplicity:i love that!

    ReplyDelete